- 2 lbs - Cubed Beef Chuck Roast or Pork Shoulder
- 4 TBS - Olive Oil
- 1 Large - Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 2 Bell Peppers (chopped) I used red and yellow, but any color is fine
- 3 - Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2 Cups - Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups - Water
- 2 TBS - Tomato Paste
- 3 TBS - Hungarian Paprika
- 1/2 Cup - All Purpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper
Corn Starch Slurry - Combine 2-3 TBS each of cold water and cornstarch and mix well, set aside.
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Toss the meat in flour until all pieces are coated.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat add 2 TBS oil and brown half of the meat on all sides
- Repeat this process with the remaining half of meat.
- Remove the meat and set aside.
- Add onions, bell peppers and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, mix well and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 2.5 - 3 hours or until the meat is fork tender.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve piping hot over classic potato pancakes with a dollop of sour cream!