- 1 lb - Dried Black Eyed Peas (rinsed well)
- 2 - Smoked Ham Hocks
- 1 - Large Yellow Onion
- 2 Quarts - Water
- 2 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1 TBS - Granulated Garlic
- 1 TBS - Granulated Onion
- 2 - Bay Leaves
- In a large pot add water and ham hocks.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 1.5 hours.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring back up to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and let cook for 1.5 - 2 hours or until ham hocks are falling apart and peas are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste before serving.