- 1/8 Cup Salt
- 1 Gallon – Water
- 4lbs – Bone in Chicken
- 1 – Large Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 4 – Large Carrots (cut into ½ inch coins)
- 4 – Celery Ribs (chopped)
- 1 tsp – Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp – Black Pepper
- 2 tsp – Rubbed Sage
- 16oz – Egg Noodles
- Place chicken, salt and water in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and cover, boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let the chicken sit with the lid on for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken, discard all the bones and skin and shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Skim off any excess fat or foam from the chicken stock.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the noodles, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add the chicken back to the pot to just warm through and finish cooking the noodles.