- 1 - Rotisserie Chicken (meat shredded) or 4 cups of chicken
- 2 TBS - Butter
- 1 TBS - Oil
- 1 TBS - Garlic (minced)
- 1 Cup - Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 - Vidalia Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Cup - Roasted Red Pepper (chopped) or pimentos
- 1 - Celery Stalk (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cup - All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup - Whole Milk
- 2 tsp - Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup - Mayonnaise
- 1 Sleeve - Ritz Crackers (crushed)
- Add oil and butter to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions, celery, garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in flour until well combined and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in milk and bring to a light boil.
- Add hot sauce, peppers and salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat off, mix in mayonnaise and chicken.
- Sprinkle crushed Ritz on top and bake in a preheated 350º oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let rest 10-15 minutes before serving.