- 3 lb - Round or Chuck Roast (I used chuck)
- 3/4 Cup - Flour
- 1/2 Cup - Oil
- 2 tsp - Black Pepper
- 2 tsp - Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp - Kitchen Bouquet
- 5 Cups - Reserved Broth
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Dill pickle slices
- Loaf of French Bread
- In a large pot cover roast with enough water to cover by an inch.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 1.5 - 2 hrs or until cooked through.
- Remove roast from pot, cool and then slice into 1/2" slices
- Reserve 5 cups of broth in pot and bring to a boil.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oil, salt, pepper and Kitchen Bouquet.
- Mix into the boiling broth until almost smooth.
- Add meat back to pot, mix well, reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 1.5-2 hours or until the meat is falling apart.
- Cut French bread into 3 pieces, slather with mayonnaise, add meat, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.
- Bake the sandwiches for 5-7 minutes in a 400º oven.