- 5 lbs - Pork Shoulder (ground)
- 1 lb - Ham (ground)
- 2 TBS + 1 tsp - Tender Quick
- 3 TBS - Sugar
- 3 TBS - Corn Starch
- 1 TBS - Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup - Cold Water
- Mix Tender Quick, sugar, cornstarch, Kosher salt and cold water together until everything is dissolved.
- Combine with ground meat and thoroughly mix.
- Spread mixture into 2 - 9x5 loaf pans and press firmly to remove air bubbles.
- Tightly seal with aluminum foil, place into a water bath and then into a 250º oven for 3-3.5 hours or until they reach an internal temperature of 155º.
- Remove from oven, place a heavy flat object (I used a brick) on top while still hot.
- Let thoroughly cool, then place into the refrigerator with brick overnight.
- Remove SPAM from pans and slice as desired.
Equipment I used:
- Meat Grinder - http://amzn.to/2fk6rKe
- Tender Quick Cure - http://amzn.to/2fkakPw
- Aluminum Loaf Pans - http://amzn.to/2egwn8W
- Victorinox Graton Slicing Knife - http://amzn.to/2fkcfDK
- Calphalon Non Stick Skillet - http://amzn.to/2egwCk4