- 2 Large - Red Not Yet Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 Cups - Cornmeal
- 2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 3 Large - Eggs
- 1/2 Cup - Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp - Salt
- 3 tsp - Pepper
- 1 quart - Canola Oil
- Slice tomatoes into quarter - half inch slices.
- Mix flour, salt and 2 tsp black pepper until well combined.
- Dredge each tomato slice in flour until well coated.
- Beat eggs and milk together until well incorporated.
- Mix cornmeal and pepper together.
- Dip tomatoes into egg mixture and then into the cornmeal until well coated.
- Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes for best results before frying.
- Carefully drop tomato slices into 350º oil and fry for 3-4 minutes, flipping at the half way point.
- Drain tomatoes on wire racks and sprinkle with salt.