- 5-6 lb - Eye of Round Roast (top or bottom round or sirloin roast will work as well)
- 2 TBS - Vegetable Oil
- 2 TBS - Kosher Salt
- 2 TBS - Black Pepper
- Coat the whole roast in vegetable oil.
- Very liberally season all sides of the roast with salt and pepper.
- Let the roast sit out at room temperature for at least 1 hour, 2-3 hours is best.
- Place the roast into a pan on a raised rack.
- Place the pan into a 500º oven for 5 minutes per lb (DO NOT OPEN THE STOVE WHILE COOKING)
- Then turn the heat off and let the roast sit for 1 hours and again DO NOT OPEN THE STOVE. If you do, this method will not work.
- Slice right away, the meat has already rested.