- 3-4 lb - Chuck Roast (bone in or boneless)
- 1 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1 tsp - Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 2 tsp - Beef Base (or two bouillon cubes or 2 cups each of stock & water)
- 2 tsp - Olive Oil
- 1 TBS - Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Large - Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 2 - Celery Ribs (chopped)
- 4-5 - Garlic Cloves (whole & peeled)
- 2 - Bay Leaves
- Cornstarch Slurry - 2 tsp each of cornstarch and water mixed together
- Season the chuck roast on both sides with salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil and brown the roast on both sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the cornstarch slurry and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low, cover and let braise 3-4 hours until fork tender.
- Once the roast is fork tender, remove the roast and remaining solid ingredients (if desired).
- Bring back to a light boil and add corn starch slurry. Mix well until thickened, about 1 minute.