- 3 lbs - Chicken Wings (separated)
- 2 TBS - Fresh Ginger (minced)
- 4 - Small Red Chiles
- 2 - Whole Star Anise
- 1 - 3 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1/3 - All Natural Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup - Sake
- 3 TBS - Oyster Sauce
- 3 TBS - Mirin
- 3 TBS - Sugar
- 1/3 Cup - Water
- 2 Scallions (thinly sliced)
- In a very large non-stick skillet cook the chicken wings over medium heat, for 8 minutes turning once, until golden brown.
- Add ginger, chiles, star anise, cinnamon, soy sauce, sake, oyster sauce, mirin, sugar and water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the wings are cooked through and the sauce reduced to a thick glaze. About 8 minutes.