- 10-12 - Whole Chicken Wings
- 1/2 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp - White Pepper (or use all black if you don't have white)
- 1/2 tsp - Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Sugar
- 2 tsp - Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 TBS - Soy Sauce
- 1 TBS - Shaoxing Chinese Cooking Wine (key ingredient - but you can use dry sherry or white wine in a pinch)
- 2 - Eggs
- 3 TBS - Corn Starch
- 1/4 Cup - Flour
Mumbo Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Cup - Ketchup
- 1 Cup - White Vinegar
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 2 TBS - Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 Cup - Sriracha
- 3/4 Cup - Pineapple Juice
Wing, marinade/batter Directions
- Combine all ingredients except wings in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add wings and thoroughly coat.
- Place wings in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, 8-12 for best results.
- Deep fry wings in 350º oil for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on a wire rack, NOT paper towels.
Mumbo Sauce Directions
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, add all of the ingredients.
- Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
Serve wings with mumbo sauce on the side or toss the wings in the mumbo sauce!!!