- 1 Dozen - Eggs (Hard boiled and peeled)
- 3 Cups - Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup - Pickling Spice
- 1/4 Cup - Sugar
- 2 tsp - Kosher Salt
- 2 Cans - Whole Beets (drained with 1 cup of juice reserved)
- 1 Jar - Peal Onions (drained)
- In a medium sauce pan combine vinegar, pickling spice, beet juice, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large glass resealable jar add one can of drained beets, half the pearl onionshardboiled eggs, second can of drained beets and the rest of the pearl onions.
- Fill the jar with the pickling liquid ensuring to get all of the spices in the jar. Add more vinegar if needed to top off.
- Seal the jar, shake well and let cool for several hours on the counter.
- Refrigerate for at least one week.
- After one week they are fully pickled.
*NOTE - I eat these within a month but have been told they last over a year. But I err on the side of caution.