- 1.5 lbs - Ground Beef (80/20)
- 1 lb - Italian Sausage
- 1 Cup - Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup - Chopped Bell Pepper
- 2 Cups - Chopped Mushrooms
- 2 TBS - Chopped Garlic
- 8 Cups - Spaghetti Sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 8 oz - Parmesan Cheese
- 12 oz - Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lb - Spaghetti (partially cooked for 8 minutes)
- In a large pan over medium high heat brown ground beef and sausage. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- Add onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic and saute' for 5 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add approx. 1/3 of the sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Add half of the par cooked spaghetti.
- Add another 1/3 of the sauce to the top of the spaghetti.
- Top the spaghetti with 1/2 of the cheeses.
- Add the remaining spaghetti.
- Followed by the remaining sauce.
- Followed by the remaining cheeses.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350º oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Let rest 10-15 minutes to firm up before serving.