- 1 lb - Boneless Chicken Thighs or Breast (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 Cup - Cashews
- 1 - Bell Pepper (cut into bite size pieces)
- 3 - Celery Ribs (cut into bite size pieces)
- 3 - Green Onions (white portion cut into small pieces)
- 1 TBS - Minced Garlic
- 1 TBS - Minced Ginger
- 2 - Tien Tsen Chili Peppers
- 2 TBS - Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup - Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 3 TBS - Sugar
- 2 TBS - Soy Sauce
- 2 TBS - Oyster Sauce
- 2 TBS Hoisin Sauce
- 1 TBS - Shaoxing Chinese Wine (dry sherry can be substituted)
- 1 TBS - Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp - Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 TBS - Corn Starch
- 2 tsp - Corn starch
- 2 tsp - Water
- In a large bowl add chicken, Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, corn starch and mix until everything is well incorporated and let marinate at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl add all of the sauce ingredients listed above, mix well and set aside.
- In a large wok or frying pan over high heat add a couple tablespoons of oil and stir fry the chicken in 2 batched for 2-3 minutes. This is just for color and does not have to be fully cooked at this point.
- Add all of the chicken together along with garlic, ginger, tien tsen peppers and stir fry for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add celery, bell pepper, green onion, cashews and continue to stir fry 1-2 minutes depending on how soft or crunchy you like your vegetables.
- Add sauce, mix in well and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce reaches a boil stir in the slurry and the sauce will immediately thicken.
- Garnish with the green onion tops and serve over rice.