- 1/2 Cup - Water
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 1/4 Cup - Fish Sauce
- 1/4 Cup - Shaoxing Chinese Wine
- 1/4 Cup - *Orange Juice
- 3 lbs - Chicken Wings
*For a more sour taste use lemon or lime juice.
- Combine 1/4 cup water and sugar in a medium pan over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil and swirl (don't stir) so the sugar caramelizes evenly.
- Combine 1/4 cup water, fish sauce,shaoxing and orange juice into a cup.
- Once the caramel has turned a golden amber color slowly pour in the mixture and return to a boil.
- Continue to boil for 5 minutes until the sauce is well combined.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Grill chicken wings on a 350º grill for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Toss the hot wings in the sauce and serve.