- 6-8 lb - Bone in Boston Butt
- 4 TBS - Salt
- 4 TBS - Black Pepper
- 1 Cup - Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup - Water
- 2 TBS - Brown Sugar
- 2 TBS - Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1 tsp - Cayenne Pepper
- Combine all ingredients shake well in an airtight container. Can be used immediately or for best results, let sit over night.
- Combine salt and pepper and very liberally rub entire Boston Butt.
- Set up grill or smoker for indirect cooking with 8-10 small hickory or apple wood chunks.
- Put butt on indirect side of the grill or smoker fat side down.
- Cook in the 250º range (+/- 10-15º) for approximately 2 hours per lb or until the butt reaches 195º and the meat probe slides in and out easily.
- Double wrap in foil, wrap in a clean bath towel and place into a dry cooler for 1-4 hours. The longer the better and as long as the cooler is not opened it will stay hot for a long time.
- Unwrap, pull meat apart discarding any excess fat.
- Finely chop with a knife or cleaver.
- Toss pork in as much sauce as you prefer. I used 3/4 of the jar.