- 7 lb - Eye of Round (top or bottom round will work as well)
- Salt and Pepper
- Let the roast sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours to warm up. If you cook it cold, it will ruin the texture of the meat.
- Light grill for direct cooking, but leave a cool zone for big flare ups.
- Season the roast VERY liberally with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Cook the roast over the hottest part of the coals and flip often.
- It will begin to look burnt, but it will even out and turn into a nice crust.
- Continue to cook over direct coals, flipping often until you reach your desired rareness.
- 'Round' roast are very lean, I recommend to not cook well done or it will be dry. Pull between 125º-135º for maximum tender and juicy meat.
- Let the roast rest 15-20 minutes and slice as thin as possible. Use a meat slicer for best results.
- Serve on fresh Kaiser rolls with horseradish and sliced onions. Or your preferred condiments.