24 oz - Select Oysters
Loaf Fresh French Bread (sliced in half lengthwise)
12 oz - Thick Cut Bacon (fried crisp)
2 Cups - Corn Meal
1 TBS - Black Pepper
1 TBS - Salt
4 TBS - Mayonnaise
1 - Large Tomato (sliced)
2 Cups - Shredded Lettuc
8-10 - Bread and Butter Pickle Slices
5 Pieces - Mild Cheddar Cheese
1. Combine cornmeal, pepper and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Dredge drained oysters in dredge and refrigerate for 30 minutes. This will help the cornmeal stick better.
3. Fry the oysters in 350º oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
4. Spread mayonnaise on the top and bottom half of the French bread.
5. Layer the bottom of the loaf in this order - bacon, oysters, cheese, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes and salt and pepper. You're done!