2.5 lbs - Top Round Steak (sliced into bite size pieces)
1/2 Cup - Corn Starch
1/4 Cup - Sugar
1/4 Cup - Soy Sauce
2 tsp - Salt
2 tsp - Black Pepper
3 TBS - Fresh Ginger (chopped)
2 TBS - Fresh Garlic (minced)
2 TBS - Sambal Oelek
2 TBS - Honey
2 TBS - Rice Vinegar (can substitute with white vinegar)
2 TBS - Vegetable Oil
1 TBS - Shaoxing Cooking Wine
1 Cup - Yellow Onion (sliced)
1 Cup - Bell Pepper (sliced)
1. In a large bowl combine top round slices, salt, pepper and corn starch. Mix thoroughly until meat is well coated. Refrigerate 1 hour
2. In a wok or large frying pan heat 2 TBS oil, stir fry ginger, garlic, bell pepper and onion for 2 minutes.
3. Add sambal oelek, Shaoxing wine, vinegar, honey, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to a simmer.
4. Deep fry small batches of top round slices in 375º oil for 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
5. Immediately ad the fried beef to the hot sauce and simmer 2-3 minutes until thickened.
6. Serve over white rice.