3 lbs - Boneless Pork Loin Steaks about 1 inch think
1 - Yellow Onion
2 TBS - Butter
2 TBS - Flour
2 Cups - Water
2 tsp - Chicken Base
2 Cups - Corn Meal
2 Cups - Vegetable Oil
1. With a meat hammer or wine bottle etc., pound out pork steaks to 1/4" thick.
2. Liberally season pork with salt and pepper.
3. Dredge pork in corn meal, until thoroughly coated. When done leave the pork in the dredge container and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer. This will help the corn meal adhere to the pork while frying.
4. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute' onions for 10 minutes until they begin to caramelize.
5. Add flour and stir until well incorporated and cook for two minutes to get the raw taste out of the flour.
6. Add water, chicken base, salt and pepper, stir and bring to a simmer until thickened. About 5 minutes.
7. In a large heavy skillet over medium high heat, fry pork for 2.5-3 minutes per side. Do not overcook.
8. Serve with gravy on top or on the side.