2 lbs - Ground Chicken (white and dark meat)
4 Cups - Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 Cup - Portabella Mushrooms
1/4 Cup - Yellow Onion
1/4 Cup - Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup - Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp - Oregano
1 tsp - Basil
1/2 tsp - Black Pepper
1/2 tsp - Salt
2 - Eggs
2 TBS - Olive Oil
2 Cups - Vegetable Oil
2 Cups - Spaghetti sauce
Rolls of your choice
1. Cut mushrooms, onions and bell pepper into a small dice and saute' for 5 minutes in olive oil until the vegetables are tender and have lost most of their liquid. Set aside in a separate bowl to cool for 10 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine chicken, sauteed vegetables, eggs, cheese, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly but do not over mix, it will make your burgers dense.
3. Form burgers to desired size and thoroughly coat with bread crumbs. (for best results place burgers in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour)
4. Fry each burger in vegetable oil 4-5 minutes until golden. They will not be done at this point, this is just for color and texture.
5. Once the burgers are golden brown, place on a cookie sheet and into a 350º oven for 8-10 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160º.
6. Add a piece of provolone to each burger and place back into the oven for 2 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
7. Toast a kaiser roll in butter and rub with a garlic clove (or use granulated garlic). Add hot spaghetti sauce, burger and a little additional sauce.