2 lb - Sirloin Steak
1 TBS - Kosher Salt
2 tsp - Black Pepper
1 tsp - Granulated Garlic
1. Bring steak to room temperature. 30-45 minutes on the counter will be sufficient.
2. Liberally season on both sides with Kosher salt.
3. Add vegetable oil to a pre-heated cast iron pan over med-high heat until it smokes.
4. Sear steak for 3 minutes and DO NOT TOUCH FOR THE 3 MINUTES. You want a nice caramelization. Flip and repeat on other side.
5. Place steak in a pan or broiler rack and into a pre-heated 400º oven for 8-10 minutes for med-rare.
6. Let the steak rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.