2 lbs - Boneless chicken breast or thighs (cut into bite size pieces)
1 - 2 pack Pillsbury Pie Crust
2 tsp - Chicken Base
1/4 tsp - Rubbed Sage
1/2 tsp - Black Pepper
1/2 tsp - Granulated Garlic
1/4 tsp - Salt
2 Cups - Frozen mixed vegetables
1 1/4 Cup - Water
1 TBS - Cornstarch
1. Add chicken, chicken base, sage, pepper, salt and 1 cup of water to a cold pan.
2. Bring to a light boil for 5 minutes, cover and turn the heat off and let sit 30 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE LID.
3. Add in mixed vegetables and return to a light simmer.
4. Mix corn starch and 1/4 cup water until smooth and stir into pan and continue to stir until thickened and set aside to cool.
5 Lay 1 pie crust into a 9" pie dish working out any air bubbles.
6. Add chicken and vegetables, then the second pie crust on top.
7. Run a knife around the dish removing any excess dough.
8. Crimp edges of dough with a fork to seal the crusts together.
9. Poke several vent holes in the center of the dough.
10. Wrap the edges of the dough with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
11. Bake in a 425º oven for 30 minutes, removing the foil after the first 20 minutes.
12. Let the pot pie cool for 15 minutes to let the filling set up before serving.