1.5lbs - Cod Filet (cut into bite size pieces)
8oz - Bacon (diced)
1/4 Cup - Flour
1 Yellow Onion (Diced)
2 tsp - Black Pepper
1/2 tsp - Thyme
1/2 tsp - Granulated Garlic
2 Cups - Chicken Broth
2 Quarts - Whole Milk
6 - Medium Russet Potatoes (cubed)
1. Fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels and set aside.
2. Add onion to bacon fat and sweat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add flour to fat and onions and stir until well incorporated
4. Stir in chicken stock, milk, potatoes, garlic, pepper and thyme.
5. Bring to a low simmer and cover for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
6. Add cod, return to simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until fish is flaky but not falling apart.
7. Stir in crisp bacon and serve.