6 lbs - Chicken Leg Quarters (separated)
4 Cups - Cornmeal (self rising)
1 TBS - Salt
1 TBS - Black Pepper
1 TBS - Granulated Garlic
1 TBS - Granulated Onion
1 TBS - Chili Powder
1. In a large bowl combine chicken pieces and enough cold water to cover. (this gets the chicken wet so the cornmeal will adhere, without any egg or milk)
2. Mix remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients well.
3. Dredge chicken pieces in corn meal until well coated, shake off any excess coating.
4. Place chicken on raised racks on a cookie sheet and place in the fridge for 1 hour or longer. (this forms a pellicle on the skin and helps the cornmeal adhere to the chicken better)
5. Bake the chicken in a 375º oven for one hour until golden and cooked through.