6 - Whole wings separated and tips removed
1/2 Cup - Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup - Ketchup
1/4 Cup - Fish Sauce
1/4 Cup - Sambal Oelek
1/4 Cup - Fresh Ginger
1. Combine sugar, ketchup, fish sauce, sambal oelek and ginger in a medium sauce pan.
2. Bring to a simmer and let simmer with the lid off for 15 minutes until reduced and thickened.
1. Let wings sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes, this will prevent the cold wings from bringing the oil temperature down.
2. Fry small batches of wings in 375º oil for 10-12 minutes until cooked thoroughly and golden brown.
3. Immediately toss the wings in the hot sauce.