Hearty Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
1/8 Cup Salt
1 Gallon – Water
5lb – Whole Chicken
1 – Yellow Onions (chopped)
3 – Large Carrots (cut into ½ inch coins)
3 – Celery Ribs (chopped)
1 TBS – Granulated Garlic
1 TBS – Granulated Onion
2 tsp – Black Pepper
2 tsp – Rubbed Sage
16oz – Egg Noodles (use whatever noodles you like)
1. Place chicken, salt and water in a large pot
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to med-low, cover and cook for 30 minutes (do not overcook or you will have stringy chicken)
3. Remove chicken, discard all the bones and skin and shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
4. Skim off any excess fat or foam from the chicken stock.
5. Add all remaining ingredients except the noodles, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
6. Add the noodles of your choice and cook according to package instructions.
7. Once the noodles are Al Dente, add the chicken back to the pot to just warm through