4lbs - Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
3- 15oz Cans Diced Tomatoes with the juice
3 Cups - Water
1/4 Cup - Flour
4 TBS - Tony Cachere's Spice and Herb Creole Seasoning
2 TBS - Chicken Base
2 TBS - Olive Oil
1 TBS - Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp - Crushed Red Pepper
1 - Large Bell Pepper (diced)
1 - Large Yellow Onion (diced)
3 - Celery Ribs (diced)
6 - Garlic Cloved (minced)
3 - Bay Leaves
1. Season chicken with Tony's seasoning and brown 2-3 minutes per side in olive oil. Set aside
2. In the same pan saute' onions, peppers, celery and garlic in the rendered chicken fat for 5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to sweat.
3. Add flour and mix until the flour has all been absorbed into the grease and vegetables and cook for another 2 minutes to get rid of the raw flour flavor.
4. Add tomatoes, water, chicken base, Worcestershire, bay leaves, red pepper and stir until well combined.
5. Add the browned chicken back into the pot, return to a simmer and cook for 2 hours uncovered until the chicken is fork tender and the gravy has thickened.
6. Taste for seasoning and adjust to suite your taste. The original 4 TBS on the chicken seasoned it just right for me, but you may like more salt and spice.
Enjoy over rice!