- 2.5 lb - Top Round Roast
- 2 TBS - Vegetable Oil
- 2 TBS - Black Pepper
- 2 TBS - Salt
- 2 TBS - Granulated Garlic
- 2 TBS - Italian Seasoning
- 1 TBS - * Beef Base
- 4 Cups - Water
- Sweet Roasted Peppers
- 1 Baguette Loaf
*Beef base is concentrated stock. You can substitute with bouillon.
- Preheat oven to 500º
- Rub roast with vegetable oil, black pepper, salt, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Let the roast rest for 2 hours on the counter to come up to room temperature.
- Place roast in a roasting pan and into the oven for 12.5 minutes. (5 minutes per lb for medium rare)
- After 12.5 minutes turn the oven off and DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN for 1.5 hours.
- Slice meat as thinly against the grain.
- In the same roasting pan, add water and beef base, bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer
- Add meat and heat through for 30 minutes
- Slice baguette in half, dip into the Au Jus, add meat, sweet roasted peppers and Giardiniera