Pork and Marinade
- 3/4 Cup - Lite Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup - Shaoxing Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/3 Cup - Hoisin Sauce
- 3 Chunks - Red Bean Curd (juice included)
- 1/3 Cup - Honey
- 1 TBS - Five Spice Powder
- 2 lbs - Pork Shoulder (cut into 2-3" cubes)
Directions for Char Siu
- Place under the broiler set on low for 15-20 minutes or until done and browned nicely.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and then cut into small bite size pieces and set aside.
Fried Rice - This is a big recipe and it can be cut in half.
- 5 Cups - Cooked Rice (use day old for best results.
- 4 - Eggs (beaten)
- 1 - Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 tsp - Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp - Sesame Oil
- 2 TBS - Lite Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup - Frozen Peas and Carrots
- Preheat wok over medium heat with 3 TBS vegetable oil.
- Quickly scramble eggs, remove and set aside.
- In remaining oil add the garlic and onion and stir fry for about one minute.
- Add rice and continue to stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add pork, peas, carrots, sesame oil and soy sauce and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and stir fry 1 minute.