- Combine chicken, shaoxing wine, egg whites, 2 TBS soy sauce and 1/4 cup corn starch.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry chicken pieces in 350º oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden, drain on paper towels
- In a medium sauce pan combine chicken broth, pineapple juice, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar bring to a boil.
- Add carrots cook for 2 minutes, then add onion and bell pepper and continue to cook 2 more minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks and return to a boil and add corn starch slurry, stir until thickened.
- Set sauce aside and keep warm.
- Mix chicken in hot sweet and sour sauce, serve over rice.