- 4 - Cornish Game Hens
- 1 Cup - Morton Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup - Light Brown Sugar
- 64 oz - Apple Juice (cold)
- 64 oz - Water (4 cups cold & 4 cups very hot)
- 4 - Cinnamon Sticks
- In a large bowl or container (big enough to hold all of the hens and 1+ gal of water) add salt, sugar, cinnamon sticks with 4 cups of very hot water.
- Mix until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add remaining cold water and apple juice.
- Add game hens to the brine along with a few cups of ice.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Smoke at 250º for 1.5 hours, then increase temperature to 325º for 15-20 minutes or until the breast reaches 160º.
- Loosely tent with aluminum foil and rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Equipment I used: