Blackening Seasoning Ingredients
- 4 TBS - Sweet Paprika
- 2 TBS - Salt
- 4 tsp - Granulated Garlic
- 4 tsp - Granulated Onion
- 4 tsp - Black Pepper
- 4 tsp - Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp - Thyme
- 2 tsp - Oregano
Combine all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly mixed. Store in an airtight container.
Blackened Steak and Shrimp Ingredients
- 2lbs - Steaks of your choice
- 1 lb - Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 TBS - Peanut Oil
- 4 TBS - Butter
- Fresh Lemon Juice
NOTE: Open a window for venhilation, this will produce a lot of smoke
- Thoroughly pat the steaks dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle steaks and shrimp withoil and liberally season both sides with Blackening Seasoning.
- Over medium high heat drizzle 1 TBS of oil in a hot cast iron pan until it begins to smoke.
- Add 2 TBS of melted butter.
- Add steaks (do not over crowd the pan or you will poach the fish) and do not move for minutes for medium rare. (if you prefer more done finish them in a 350º oven or they will burn if left in the hot skillet for too long).
- Flip and cook 3 more minutes.
- Repeat this process for the shrimp but only cook for 1 minute on each side, finishing with a spritz of fresh lemon juice.