- 6 - Large Jalapeno Peppers (halved and seeded)
- 1/2 lb - Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup - Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1 TBS - Dried Minced Onion
- 1 tsp - Granulated Garlic
- 12 pieces - Thin Bacon
- Combine ground beef, cheese, salt, pepper, onion and garlic until well combined.
- Fill each pepper half with mixture, about 2 TBS.
- Wrap each pepper half with 1 whole piece of bacon.
- Place over indirect heat in a preheated 250º *grill and smoker with apple wood for 1.5-2 hours until the bacon is rendered and crisp.
* Can be done on a raise rack in the oven as well