- 2 lbs - Dried Split Peas
- 1 Gallon - Water
- 1.5 lb - Ham Steak (cubed)
- 2 - Bay Leaves
- 1 - Large Yellow Onion (diced
- 4 - Large Carrots (chopped)
- 1 tsp - Granulated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain peas well.
- In a large pot add peas and water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, remove from heat and let sit for 1 hour.
- Give the peas a mix and add remaining ingredients except the salt.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook for 1-1.5 hours (stirring every 30 minutes) until the peas are smooth and the carrots are tender.
- Taste for salt and pepper before serving.