Macaroni and cheese is the comfort food everyone loves anytime of the year and especially during the Holidays! This is a very simple, yet rich and delicious macaroni and cheese recipe that only takes about 20 minutes to prepare and will feed a crowd!
- 1 lb - Jumbo Elbow Macaroni
- 4 TBS - Salted Butter
- 4 TBS - Flour
- 4 Cups - Whole Milk
- 1 tsp - Dry Mustard
- 3 Cups - Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup - Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water for 8 minutes.
- Drain and toss with 2 TBS of the butter.
- In a large pan over medium heat melt 2 TBS.
- Then add flour and still until all of the butter is absorbed.
- Cook the flour and butter for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in cold milk.
- Add salt, pepper and mustard.
- Continue to cook until slightly thickened 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 Cups of cheddar and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Combine macaroni into the cheese sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 greased casserole dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350º oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cook 10 minutes before serving.