- 1 lb - Saltine Crackers
- 2 3/4 Cup - Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup - Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup - Butter
- 1 Cup - Diced Onion
- 1 Cup - Diced Celery
- 1/2 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp - Thyme
- 1/2 tsp - Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp - Sage
- 1 pinch - Cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add celery and onions, saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Mix in pepper, thyme, sage, rosemary and cayenne.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken broth.
- Mash crackers and mix with onion mixture.
- Add egg and milk, mix until combined.
- Spread mixture into a well greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Bake 40 - 50 minutes until top is golden brown.
* My video varies a little from the printed recipe
** Recipe from Yoder Mennonite Cook Book