- 1 - Fryer Chicken cup up into 8 pieces
- 1/2 Cup - Salt
- 4 Cups - Hot water
- 4 Cups - Ice
- 2 tsp - Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp - Granulated Onion
- 2 tsp - Black Pepper
- 2 tsp - Chili Powder
- 1 tsp - Cayenne Pepper
- In a large pot or bowl, combine water, salt, garlic and onion and mix until all of the salt has dissolved.
- Add ice and the chicken pieces to the brine and ensure all of the chicken is submerged. Add a little extra water if necessary.
- Refrigerate chicken in the brine for 4 -6 hours.
- Make spice seasoning by combining black pepper, cayenne pepper and chili powder.
- Drain chicken and place on paper towels and blot thoroughly dry with more paper towels.
- Fry the chicken in 375º peanut oil until golden brown and cooked through.
- Immediately season the chicken after it comes out of the oil with the spice seasoning.