- 2 lb - 85/15 Ground Turkey (don't use breast, it is two lean for this recipe)
- 2 TBS - Olive Oil
- 3 - Garlic Cloves (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup - Celery (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup - Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup - Fresh Mushrooms (Chopped)
- 2 - Eggs
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1/2 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp - Sage
- 1 Cup - Crushed up Herb Stuffing Bread Cubes
- 1 TBS - Butter
- 2 Cups - Chicken Broth
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add olive oil, onions, celery, mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute' for 5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Pour vegetables in a large bowl and let thoroughly cool.
- To the cooled mixture, add eggs, ground turkey, crushed bread cubes, salt, pepper and sage.
- Mix very well until everything is well combined.
- Spread out into a baking pan and form into a uniform loaf.
- Place into a preheated 325º grill, smoker or oven for 1.5-2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165º.
- Drain pan drippings into a sauce pan over medium heat, along with flour and mix until all of the drippings have soaked into the flour.
- Slowly pour in chicken broth while mixing.
- Bring to a light boil until thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.