- 1 turkey neck, heart, liver and gizzard
- 2 Cups - Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups - Water
- 1 - Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp - Sage
- 1/2 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 4 TBS - Turkey Drippings (oil or butter will work if you don't have drippings)
- 3 TBS - All Purpose Flour
- Add turkey neck, giblets, broth, water, bay leaf, sage, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for one hour.
- Skim off any scum from the top of the broth.
- Remove neck and giblets and let cool and set broth aside.
- Remove the meat from the neck and chop the meat and giblets as fine as you like.
- In a medium pan add turkey dripping and flour over medium heat.
- Stir until all of the flour is combined and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved broth and chopped giblets into the roux and bring to a boil until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper is needed.