- 6 Large - Russet Potatoes
- 1-1.5 Cups - Milk
- 1/2 Stick - Butter
- 2 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Black Pepper
- Peel potatoes, cut into uniform pieces and rinse.
- Add potatoes and enough water to cover by at least 2 inches in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium.
- Cook potatoes 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes, do not rinse.
- In the same pot with the potatoes add butter, 1 cup of milk, salt, pepper and mash or blend until you get your desired consistency.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of milk if the potatoes are too thick.
NOTE - Optional ingredients that can be added are roasted garlic, sour cream, cream cheese or shredded cheese.