- 5 oz - Dried Beef (cut into thin pieces)
- 5 Cups - Milk
- 3/4 Cup - Flour
- 1 Stick - Butter
- 1 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1 tsp - Worcestershire Sauce
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet and stir in flour until well incorporated. Cook on medium heat 2-3 minutes to take the rawness out of the four.
- Stir in half the milk, Worcestershire and black pepper. Bring to a simmer constantly stirring.
- Once the milk has come to a simmer and thickened, add remaining milk and dried beef.
- Bring to a simmer stirring constantly.
- Once it returns to a simmer cook 2-3 minutes.
- Serve piping hot over white bread, toast or biscuits.