- 5 lbs - Red Potatoes (washed) (do not peel)
- Salted Water (enough to cover potatoes)
- 2 Cups - Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp - Celery Seed
- 2 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Pepper
- 3/4 Cup - Green Onion Tops Only (finely chopped)
- 8 - Large Eggs
- In a large covered pot boil potatoes in salted water for 45 minutes or until tender.
- After 35 minutes add eggs in with the potatoes and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and peel eggs and allow to cool 15-20 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, celery seed, salt, pepper and green onion.
- Add the eggs, in the bowl with the mayonnaise and mash with a potato masher (or you can simply cut them up)
- Cut up potatoes into desired size pieces and thoroughly combine in with mixture.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or until ready to serve. (best made 1 day ahead of time)