- 50 - *Little Neck Clams (cleaned and scrubbed)
- 1 lb - Linguine (cooked al dente)
- 30 oz - Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup - Diced Onions
- 1/2 Cup - White Wine
- 6 - Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 4 TBS - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 TBS - Butter
- 1 tsp - Oregano
- 1 tsp - Basil
- 1/2 tsp - Thyme
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1/2 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp - Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 TBS - Fresh Lemon Juice
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat,
- Saute onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, black and red pepper.
- Stir and simmer 15 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add clams, cover and simmer 4-5 minutes.
- After 4-5 minutes if there are any un-opened clams remove and discard.
- Add lemon juice
- Serve over hot linguine, top with Parmesan cheese and parsley
* If any clams are opened and will not close and stay closed before cooking, discard.