2 lbs - Cubed Beef Chuck Roast (stew meat)
1 Pack - Pillsbury Pie Crusts
12 oz - Guinness Extra Stout
1.5 Cups - Beef Broth
1 - Yellow Onion (diced)
3 - Garlic Cloves (diced)
4 - Medium Russet Potatoes (peeled and medium diced)
2 - Large Carrots (peeled and medium diced)
1 tsp - Worcestershire
1/2 Cup - Frozen Peas
Pinch of Thyme
1/2 tsp - Salt
Pepper to taste
2 TBS - Olive Oil
2 TBS - Corn Starch
3 TBS - Water
1 - Egg - Beaten
1. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over med-high heat and add beef. Liberally season with salt and pepper.
2. Continue to cook the meat until it's brown.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes until the onion begins to sweat.
4. Add Guinness, broth, Worcestershire and thyme.
5. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to med-low and cover for one hour or until beef is tender.
6. Once the beef is tender add the potatoes and carrots, return back to a simmer, cover and cook for 20- 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. (add a half cup of broth if necessary)
7. In a small cup combine cornstarch and water, mix thoroughly and stir in with the meat and vegetables.
8. Once the stew is thickened, turn off the heat and stir in the frozen peas. Set mixture aside 15 - 20 minutes to cool.
9. Line a 9 inch pie dish with one piece of the pie crust and fill with mixture.
10. Place second layer of dough on top, trim any excess dough from the edges and crimp the edges with a fork.
11. Brush the dough with the beaten egg, poke 4 vent holes and place into a 425º oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.