4 TBS - Paprika
2 TBS - Salt
4 tsp - Granulated Garlic
4 tsp - Granulated Onion
4 tsp - Black Pepper
4 tsp - Cayenne Pepper
2 tsp - Thyme
2 tsp - Oregano
Combine all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly mixed. Store in an airtight container.
Blackened Fish Ingredients
2lbs - Fish Fillets about 1/2-3/4" thick (I used cod)
2 -3 TBS - Blackening Seasoning (use more if you like it spicier)
4 TBS - Olive Oil
4 TBS - Butter
Fresh Lemon Juice
This is the NON- SMOKE your house out method of blackening at home.
1. Thoroughly pat the fish dry with paper towels.
2. Drizzle fillets with olive oil and liberally season one side with Blackening Seasoning (if you like it spicier season both sides.
3. Over medium high heat drizzle 1 TBS of olive oil in a hot cast iron pan until it begins to smoke.
4. Add fish fillet (do not over crowd the pan or you will poach the fish) and do not move for 4 minutes for 3/4" fillets.
5. Flip add 1 TBS butter, spoon over fish and cook 2-3 more minutes.