Wings and Marinade
3.5lbs - Chicken Wings (separated and tips removed)
1/2 Cup - Shaoxing Chinese Cooking Wine
2 TBS - Lite Soy Sauce
2 - Eggs
2 TBS - Granulated Garlic
2 tsp - Baking Soda
2 tsp - Baking Powder
2+ Cups - Cornstarch
2 TBS - Cooking Oil
1/4 Cup - Shaoxing Chinese Cooking Wine
1/2 Cup - Lite Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup - Oyster Sauce
3 TBS - Hoisin Sauce
1 1/2 Cup - Chicken Broth
1-1/4 Cup - Sugar
1/2 Cup - White vinegar
1/4 Cup - Sambal Oelek Chili Paste
1 TBS - Sesame Oil
1 TBS - Minced Ginger
1 TBS - Minced Garlic
2 TBS - Corn Starch
1/4 Cup - Water
1. Combine all of the sauce ingredients except the corn starch and water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. In a small bowl combine 2 TBS corn starch and 1/4 cup water and mix until smooth.
3. Reduce sauce to a simmer and add the corn starch slurry, stir until thickened and remove from heat.
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the wings and all of the remaining ingredients except the oil.
2. Marinate in the refrigerator for one hour.
3. Drizzle the oil over the cold wings and mix thoroughly until the wings are all separate and let sit on a baking sheet on the counter 20-30 minute to warm and get tacky before frying.
4. Fry wings in small batches for 8-10 minutes in 350º oil until cooked through and golden.
5. Pour a quarter cup of the sauce in a large bowl and immediately toss the wings in the sauce until thoroughly coated. Continue this process with each batch of wings.