Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
1/8 Cup Salt
1 Gallon – Water
5lbs – Bone in Chicken
2 – Yellow Onions (chopped)
4 – Large Carrots (cut into ½ inch coins)
4 – Celery Ribs (chopped)
1 TBS – Granulated Garlic
1 TBS – Granulated Onion
2 tsp – Black Pepper
2 tsp – Rubbed Sage
16oz – Noodles (I used spaghetti, use what you have)
1. Place chicken, salt and water in a large pot
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to med-low, cover and cook for 20 minutes (do not overcook or you will have stringy chicken)
3. Remove chicken, discard all the bones and skin and shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
4. Skim off any excess fat or foam from the chicken stock.
5. Add all remaining ingredients except the noodles, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
6. Add the noodles of your choice and cook according to package instructions.
7. Once the noodles are Al Dente, add the chicken back to the pot to just warm through