Jucy Lucy Chicken Burger Recipe - Yes, Jucy is the proper way to spell for this dish!
- 1 lb - Ground Chicken (preferably dark for more moisture and flavor)
- 1 TBS - Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1 Cup - Fresh Chopped Spinach
- 4 oz - Feta Cheese
- 1 - Small Red Onion
- 1 TBS - Olive Oil
- Your favorite burger bun
- Optional - lettuce and tomato
- Thoroughly combine, chicken, garlic, pepper and chopped spinach
- Loosely form the mixture into 4 equal patties
- Add half of the Feta cheese onto 2 patties
- Place the remaining two patties on top of the filled patties and carefully form a tight seal to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Add olive oil to a preheated pan over medium low. You want these burgers to cook slowly and most of all thoroughly.
- 8 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 160º
- During the last 2-3 minutes add some thinly sliced red onion and place the burgers on top.
- Continue cooking until the onions are caramelized (this will add a nice sweetness)
- Add salt if desired, after tasting. Feta cheese is typically salty enough on it's on.