- 1 Medium - Red Onion (thinly sliced
- 1 Cup - Rice Vinegar
- 2 TBS - Sugar
- 1 - Whole Dried Pepper
- 1 - Whole Star Anise
- 2 tsp - Kosher Salt
- 1 lb - 80/20 - Ground Chuck
- 1 tsp - Garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tsp - Ginger (finely minced)
- 2 TBS - Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 Cup - Red Onion (finely chopped)
- Combine all ingredients except onions in a medium pan.
- Bring to a boil, remove from heat stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to room temperature, add onions and mix.
- Let sit for 1-2 hours.
- Combine all ingredients, form burgers and refrigerate for one hour.
- Grill at 400º for 5 minutes per side.